Advertise in a nationally-respected book periodical
The Montreal Review of Books is the only journal reviewing English-language books from Quebec. More than a literary magazine, the mRb reviews non-fiction, poetry, memoirs, history, graphic novels, children’s books and more.
The mRb is an insert in the Saturday edition of the Quebec-area and Ottawa Globe & Mail, (including home subscribers). Our distribution includes bookstores in the Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa areas as well book media, libraries, independent bookstores, cafés in Montreal, across Quebec, throughout Canada. The mRb is sent to Quebec Studies Programs in many American universities.
Who Reads the mRb?
Montreal is a sophisticated literary city where Montreal’s book buyers often read in both official languages while following the literary stars and trends with great enthusiasm. Montreal (designated “World Book City” by UNESCO for 2005–06) is also a city of literary festivals and book lovers, and the mRb is read and commented on by Anglophones and Francophones alike.
Who Does Your Ad Reach?
Advertise in the mRb three times a year (at the special 3-issue discount) for savings, and you’ll reach more book buyers including bookstore buyers, librarians, and consumers.
See the inside front cover for complete distribution list
• 24,000 in the Friday Globe & Mail
• 3,000 to libraries, bookstores, and cafés in Montreal
• 1,000 to bookstores, subscribers, libraries, and locations across Canada including nine independent bookstores in Ottawa
• 1,000 to private school and university libraries, the media, and the book industry
Circulation: 40,000 per issue
• 120,000 copies per year
• NEW: e-mail sign up to receive digital copy in 2012
• New mRb website in 2012 with available ad space
Please download the media kit for rates and deadlines.
Michael Wile (National)
Anna Leventhal (Montreal)
1200 Atwater Suite 3